Mr. Garcia’s Biography

Hello RiceĀ 6th Grade Parents and Students:

Here is a brief history of my educational background. I was born and raised in San Diego. I spent most of my elementary school years in the Chula Vista Elementary School District as I attended Valle Lindo and Parkview. After elementary school, I attended Hilltop Middle School. Like many adolescents who go through “growing pains” during those formidable years, I did as well. The oncoming years, I was placed at a small private school that helped me change my life.

After high school, I began to work at Office Depot as a technology specialist. Working a few years in the retail industry, I wanted a change. That change was to attend Southwestern Community College in the Fall of 2006. Once I had completed all my required units at Southwestern I transferred to the University of California Davis during the Fall of 2008. I graduated in June of 2010 with a Bachelors in Sociology and a minor in Music. I took the academic year of 2010 – 2011 off to work for a non-profit on the campus of UC Davis. During the summer of 2011 I returned to San Diego and I immediately began graduate school at the University of San Diego working towards my teaching credential and Masters in Education with an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction. Thus, I am a recent graduate applying all that I’ve learned immediately into the classroom.

My experience in working with students includes being a teacher at Home Base After School Enrichment from Eastlake Community Church. I also have worked for the after school program known as STRETCH (a program similar to DASH on the west side of Chula Vista), and also tutoring middle school students at Natomas Middle School (located outside of Sacramento).

That’s a little history of my educational background!